Parking Tickets – Millions Due In Refunds, Nationally
Guest Author ANDY STRANGEWAY takes the PCN campaign to the national level.
Patrol is the Joint Committee of England and Wales for the civil enforcement of parking regulations. Patrol is central to the lawful operation of the Traffic Penalty Tribunal. Local Authorities in England and Wales, outside of London, use information provided by Patrol to ensure they comply with the civil enforcement of parking regulations. Unfortunately Patrol are supplying false information!
As can be seen from the chart above Patrol falsely state:
- “Don’t ignore parking penalties. Pay or Challenge” This is a demand, an instruction, which is incorrect as there is an alternative. The chart itself demonstrates this, when, on three occasions, it refers to the option “Ignore“. Irrespective of the consequences, a PCN can be ignored; you do not have to “Pay” or “Challenge”.
- In the three “Ignore” boxes: “Owner does nothing. Council pursues penalty charge as a debt in the County Court.” Patrol cannot state this they should state: “Owner does nothing. Council MAY pursue penalty charge as a debt in the County Court.”
- The chart states “owner” when in fact it should state “Registered Keeper“.
Example Local Authority – East Riding of Yorkshire Council (ERYC)
The image below is from an ERYC PCN.
As they refer motorists to the Patrol website they are clearly giving false information to motorists. As such all Local Authorities who produce similar PCNs as ERYC must refund all payments as the PCNs are a “Procedural Impropriety”.
THIS MUST RESULT IN MILLIONS BEING REFUNDED.
Email To Patrol
From: Andy Strangeway
Sent: Tuesday, December 15, 2015 6:11 PM
Subject: PCN – Procedural Improprieties
Could I please refer you to https://andystrangeway.wordpress.com/2015/12/15/parking-tickets-millions-due-in-refunds-nationally/
As the information supplied by Patrol to Local Authorities has resulted in millions of Procedural Improprieties could you please inform me:
- When you will produce the correct information?
- How you will advise Local Authorities to refund the millions of fundamentally flawed PCNs?
Comments are closed.